Bringing skijoring to the Gallatin Valley
Modern skijoring combines Montana’s signature ski heritage with its cowboy roots into a wild, fast paced, spectacular event. Competitors race for cash and prizes based on the fastest combined times for the two day event as well as the fastest time each day. It is derived from the Norwegian word skikjøring, meaning “ski driving”. Above all, skijoring is just another excuse to get outside during the winter in Montana and socialize.
GVSJA is postponing the 2018 race: the organization cites the need for increased volunteers, sponsors in planning 2019 event.
With significant growth in competitor and spectator turnout, and a shortage of volunteers and sponsors to support such growth, GVSJA has decided to postpone the 2018 skijoring race until the 2019 season. The Bozeman-based organization has four board members who determined they could not hold the event due to the size and complexity of the event. However, we have every intention of returning in 2019 and are rallying volunteers and sponsors to keep the skijoring tradition alive in Bozeman. We are currently looking for motivated individuals to join our team for the 2019 season. Until then, please support our neighboring Montana skijoring races in Kalispell, Helena, Whitefish, the 320 Ranch, Lincoln, Wisdom, and Red Lodge. We’re looking forward to the 2019 season. Thank you for your support.
Skijoring America sanctioned
2017 Skijoring Race Calendar
Gallatin Valley Skijoring Association (GVSJA) is a 501(c)3 non-profit based in Bozeman, MT.
- December 31-January 1: Lakeside, MT
- January 7-8: Ridgeway, CO
- January 14-15: Bozeman, MT
- January 14-15: Red River, NM
- January 21-22: Lincoln, MT
- January 28-29: Whitefish, MT
- February 2: Deadwood, SD
- February 4-5: 320 Ranch, MT
- February 11: Columbus, WI
- February 11: Steamboat Springs, CO
- February 11-12: Jackson Hole, WY
- February 17-18: Midway, UT
- February 18: Pinedale, WY
- February 18-19: Hailey, ID
- February 18-19: Silverton, CO
- February 18-19: Sundance, WY
- February 25-26: Wisdom, MT
- March 4-5: Leadville, CO
- March 11-12: Red Lodge, MT
* Not all websites have been updated for the 2017 Calendar year